Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Pan's Labyrinth

Just heard about this movie that seems pretty cool, called "Pan's Labyrinth"

"PAN'S LABYRINTH is a fanciful and chilling story set against the backdrop of a fascist regime in 1944 rural Spain. The film centers on Ofelia, a lonely and dreamy child living with her mother and adoptive father; a military officer tasked with ridding the area of rebels. In her loneliness, Ofelia creates a world filled with fantastical creatures and secret destinies. With post-war repression at its height, Ofelia must come to terms with her world through a fable of her own creation. "

Apparently its a beautifully cinematic movie, kinda a horror/fairytale ... I think its subtitled tho :(

Anyways, check out the trailer here.

1 comment:

HowManyIsaacsDoYouKnow? said...

Oh my yes, Pan's Labyrinth is quite the effective film. Very beautiful the entire way through and I don't think I've ever seen such an effective contrast of the fantasy of youth and the reality of humanity. If you can get past the spanish subtitles, I really recommend it. Now we just have to hope that some theater in Regina shows it!