Friday, February 9, 2007

Music Tests

There are some pretty interesting things you come accross when looking up information for school reports :P These test helped me to procrastinate and I'm sure will amuse you as well.. post your results if you do them!

Are you tone deaf?- I got 72.2% correct (35th percentile)... the problem I had was that the phrase was too long for me to remember it accurately! I always DID have trouble with the ear training in my piano lessons :P


Pitch Perception - At 500 Hz I can differentiate between tones 4.8 Hz apart (16th percentile)... well that wasnt very good.. I blame it on my computer speakers.. they are those really huge old kind...

Rhythm deaf?-84%.. now thats one I knew I would be good at :D

5 comments:

Blake said...

Tonedeaf:66.7%, 16th
Pitch: 2.25Hz apart at 500Hz, 42nd percentile, normal
Rhythm:68%, normal, 31st

Good pitch, average rhythm but apparently I'm nearly tone deaf. Yeah, I couldn't remember the phrases either. Maybe I just didn't know what I was listening for. Hopefully. Maybe that's why I'm more into movies than music.

Blair said...

tonedeaf: Yes (58.3%, 5th percentile)
Pitch: 4.8Hz, 16th percentile for pitch
Rhythm: 52.0% (didn't look at percentile)

I claim that my rhythm score is off because, as Blake said, I didn't know what I was listening for. Sometimes the pitch of the beats was different (not that I'd be able to tell...) and I wasn't sure if that counted. I feel I've got pretty good rhythm

Anonymous said...

Tonedeaf: 83.3%, 79th percentile
Pitch: 0.75 Hz apart, 87th percentile
Rhythm: 68%, 31st percentile

I may be worth less than everybody else in the world, but at least I'm not tone deaf, and I have good pitch. I blame the bad rhythm on being Mennonite - rhythm leads to sex which leads to dancing, and we can't have that.

-Kathryn

Blake said...

haha. love the countdown. have you pre-ordered?

Sam said...

nope I don't have it on pre-order, altho I intend to go get it first thing in the morning the day it comes out... theres really no reason to pre-order anyways...