Well, this post is long overdue, since I returned from Calgary on Tuesday. But I feel like taking a break from studying so, it seems to be a good time to catch up
Trip synopsis:
Friday:
The drive down was pretty good. Drove down with Geoff, Jaime and Nadine.. always an entertaining combo. According to the highway hotline, travel was not recommended on the highways between Swift Current and the Alberta border, but the weather was beautiful and the highways were clear. A car a couple ahead of us managed to hit a dear in the middle of Swift Current. The driver got out and smashed the deer in the head a couple times with a hammer to completely kill it... I couldn't watch. Upon arriving in Calgary, we finally found our hotel after hitting every possible bit of construction around our hotel. We partied it up at 'Outlaws' which was completely dead that night, but I had a great time (probably cuz I was quite drunk).
Saturday:
Soooo wakeup to find a text message on my cell inquiring as to the wherabouts of Country. Turns out he had a bunch of shennanigans which ended in a $115 public intoxication ticket. Went shopping at Mountain Equipment Coop and bough accessories for my Nalgene bottle (I know, I'm a geek). Also, went shopping at Chinook. Went to 'Cowboys' at night after a long detour courtesy of Evan's superior navigation skillz. It was not too bad, altho a little too much country music for my liking.. and too many different types of line dances!
Sunday:
Moved into Evan and Kris' house...boy what a mess it was! Went shopping at the Le Chateau outlet. Partied the night away while watching 'Mean Girls' and 'Now and Then'... and were entertained by Evan's rendition of the Skeeter song... then attempted to sleep at 2:00 am but were kept awake till 4:00 am by Evan and his inability to quit partying (its OK Evan, I love you anyways!)
Monday:
Slept in till almost 3:00pm and then went shopping at Ikea and bought a sweet-ass cheese grater oh yea baby... love that store... then went to "Smokin' Aces" at the theatre in the Chinook mall.. very cool theatre... came home and slept
Tuesday:
Another day of driving, but this time with the equally entertaining Blair. Not nearly as eventful, we were both pretty damn tired.. but we tested our vocal talents with a lively rendition of 'Love Rollercoaster' as we traversed the many hills in Alberta. Good wheather, and good times...
Friday, February 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I would like to add in on the Jason story. He also lost his cell phone, he thought the cops kept it but upon doing some minor detective work he found out that the cops distinctly remember him not having one but having the case for it. Thats a kick in the pants for him
Post a Comment