- when an article uses an abbreviation (that they apparently have defined earlier), but you can't seem to find damn spot, so you have no clue what the abbreviation stands for and are pulling out your hair trying to figure it out
- University of Regina's E-journals - Why the hell can't the U of R subscribe to full texts for articles written before 1999?
- pens that apparently dry up, yet upon disassemblage, you find that they have plenty of ink left
- profs that say they mark easy but have a list of guidelines 3 pages long!
Im sure you can see that this weekend is going just swell... bah
Saturday, March 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You just need to make up what they mean to fit what you need them to mean. That's what I've been doing the last couple of days. And I'll be a hermit now for the next couple weeks too. Boo urns.
About e-journals:
Do you know about the U of R proxy?
http://libproxy.uregina.ca:2048/login?url=
You can get access to online journal archives from off campus, via the U of R subscription. It has worked for just about everything I've tried. Just stick the URL of the journal you want at the end of the proxy address above.
-rt
ya, I do use the U of R proxy, but for half of the articles I thought looked good, the U of R conveniently only had subscriptions back to the year before it was published. haha .. glad all my research is done for the semester though :D
Post a Comment